Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Anton's Birthday - Part 1

I can not believe Anton is now 9 years old! He has become such a good little man with many ideas and plans for the future whether it be today, tomorrow, or in the next decade! For now, I will focus on the present ideas.

Shortly after we moved into the house, Anton gave me notice that he would like to have his Birthday at the house. I began to pray for nice weather because I was not sure if I would have the interior ready for such an undertaking. We were blessed with beautiful weather!! This allowed the theme of Castles and Knights to be a success!

We began with a relaxing cookout. People moved between the house, garage, and yard to experience the environment.

Then it was on to the first activity, but I will put it in the next post! This brings us to the project which kept Anton and Karl busy the night before........The Cake!

No ordinary cake would do! Karl and Anton took two 9 x 13 chocolate cakes and created a castle. Hershey bars helped to sturdy the side walls and create the drawbridge. Finally cones were used for turrets with flags made by Isabella. It was definitely a hit!



Most of the children wanted a turret but when they found out there was nothing inside them it was requests for side walls or drawbridges.

I was very proud of my men for being so creative and I only helped a small bit. I really wanted it to be their project and they had fun completing the cake.