Thursday, February 11, 2010

Finding the Good!

First, I do like having the snow, especially when Karl is here with us. The world is shut out and we snuggle together with family time. Usually a mixture of movies with popcorn or board games/puzzles with hot chocolate or hot tea. But when I have important things coming up, Karl is not home, and I am trapped, I start to get down.

So what do I have to be Thankful for:

-Shelter - the winds continued throughout the night moving more of the drifts from yesterday.

-Health - We are all healthy at the moment. One of my girlfriends has three in her house vomiting.

-Food - I was able to get to the store, we could survive comfortably for a week or more.

-Electricity/Propane - We have heat, hot water, and the ability to cook.

-Love - Karl sent me messages from his computer throughout the day to tell me he wished he was with us. Friends and family called to check up on us.

- Happy Children - those two are the silliest of kids!
Isabella pranced around with a long blanket around her shoulders saying a very dramatic voice, "I am the queen!" Anton corrected her with "Your the princess. Mommy is the queen!" I in a mopey tone said, "Oh my, I seem to have lost my crown." Isabella reappeared with a tiara on her head and a crown a top a pillow for me. I had to laugh.

Alright, no point in feeling sorry for myself.
It is just snow. I need a new perspective!



I rearranged the living room!