Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Another Week of too much!

It has been another busy week this past week. Monday started with me slicing my thumb because I was thinking of all the things I needed to do instead of watching the recently sharpened butcher knife chop a slippery onion for a pot roast served Beef Burgundy style via crock pot. All the activities came to a screeching halt as I let out a stop your children dead in their tracks "Aaagghhh". I am not good with blood to begin with, why Lori is the nurse and not me, but at least I was thinking clearly enough to not drive anywhere until I got the blood to stop. With a bruised pride, and heavily wrapped thumb, we raced out the door to gymnastics, soccer, etc. On Wednesday came another fever, but by Friday I was planting the remaining seven orchard trees which had arrived two days prior. Karl has been very busy this week getting a boat certified for sea making his evening arrivals close to evening activities or bed time!


Saturday morning I awoke to find Karl still at home. He decided to skip his men's study group to get a few extra hours of sleep. After a big pancake breakfast with the kiddos, we set off for the boys to get their hair cuts, kiddos soccer games, and the trash run. Both teams had good games but I missed Isabella's since it again fell at the same time as Anton's game. Isabella played goalie for the first half and she beamed with her exclamation that she stopped all the balls from scoring except the one the girl kicked out of her hands which is an illegal kick, so the goal did not count. Anton's team was more heavily loaded with skill and talent than the other, so we pulled the "let's keep it fun" plan. By putting our defenders in as forwards, warnings of being pulled if they ran the score too high and promises of Caravel if they could complete 10 passes in a row before loosing the ball kept it fun without ruining the morale of the other team. After the games, we were able to rest for a short time before heading off to a Birthday Party for one of Karl's classmates at the Academy. On the way, we made a detour to a local winery to pick up a couple bottles for a gift. As luck would have it, it was wine tasting time, so we ended up with a few extra for ourselves.


By the time Sunday morning came, Karl and I were not too awake. We opted for the later church service following our CCD time verses the earlier one we usually attend. After mass, I had to regretfully step out of the plans for the Cub Scout April Surprise. I needed sleep! The extra energy I exerted from having to pick axe through a couple inches of gravel for the trees was catching up to me. Karl took the kiddos to the Olympic style event. They had fun!

But now it is another week and we are trying to just stick with our usual routine of schooling, gymnastics, soccer, horseback riding, choir, piano, and prayer group. Oh, since Anton's team has a buy this week, Karl is taking his scouts camping. I guess there will be something extra. One day I will do nothing, when is still to be determined.