Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The Wonderings of Isabella

"Mommy, Why do adults live by themselves?"

At the current moment I am taking the children to their Jui Jitzu classes and we always pass by a very large "Adult Only" neighborhood on our way.

"Well, they need to live somewhere and I think it makes them happy."

This begins a discussion about what makes one happy.

"It does seem like a big house to hold their stuff. They must have a lot of stuff. When I get older, if I don't have any children, I am going to adopt. I bet the people in those houses are very lonely."

Sometimes I am so amazed by what comes from her mouth, mostly because of her straightforward, naive truth as she tried to figure out the world. At other times, I just wonder how she comes up with this as I find myself laughing at her comments, the delivery, or both.