Friday, May 1, 2009

The Problem with Over Achievers

Due to emails from several friends, I feel the need to clarify some perceptions. Yes, I am and over achiever, but I am not a super woman. While writing these posts, I get to talk about all the accomplishments and leave out the days in which things did not go so well.


All of these months of pushing myself to make everything as good as I can has earned me a horrible case of mononucleosis. Yes, there you have it. I am so exhausted and it is taking every ounce of energy to fight this. My Nurse Practitioner thinks I will be down for at least two or three more weeks especially if I do not take it easy. So, if you have noticed the posts are behind and the updates are slow, just keep praying for us. I say us because we are not use to me being this run down. For a few weeks I kept telling myself I was being lazy and forced myself to move. This was apparently not a good choice.


So take care of yourselves and keep us in your prayers. With many activities coming up these next few weeks, it will be a huge act of will to keep myself on the side lines!