Friday, May 1, 2009

Who needs a pool?

Isabella finally had her first soccer game and Anton's game was running nearly simultaneously, so not many pictures were taken. Anton's coach was unable to come, so I was bumped up from team mom to assistant coach and the assistant coach to coach. Karl got to be with Isabella as the games began 15 minutes off of each other. At least we were on adjacent fields, so Karl and I could get a glimpse of the other child's progress. Well, it was hot, so I suggested a trip to Caravel Ice Cream shop after the game.


When we returned home, Karl and I finished planting the remaining fruit trees. Doug, Kim, and their friend Andrew scootered over to the house to see about some large Styrofoam the kids had found near the creek the weekend before. Anton and Isabella tagged along as the foam became a make shift boat until it split in half while Doug was crossing the fish pond down stream of the creek. Next thing we knew, the whole crew was wading up the creek back towards the houses.

I grabbed my camera to catch my once clean children wading in the creek. They were having entirely too much fun. Kim nervously asked if it was alright for them to take Isabella and Anton through the creek, which was a little late at this point, but I was not worried. Doug is 13 years old and quite capable of keeping an eye on the younger ones. Also, Karl and I were only 100 feet from them in the orchard.

Yes, this is my girly girl who will unknowingly trash a beautiful outfit while traipsing in the wild!

When the children returned home, we saw the water marks up to their waists. I remarked to Karl about not wanting to ever hear of Anton not wanting to do something because of getting dirty or wet. We laughed at how much fun they had with the other children exploring the creek. Then the children were sent to the showers and their clothes tossed in the wash.

It was a good day!