Thursday, September 8, 2011

Hurricanes and Tropical Storms, Oh My!

"Too wet to go out,
too cold to play ball.
  So we sat in the house and
did nothing at all......"

OK so we know that is not true! 
We have been getting a beating here on the rain. 
Roads are closing, sink holes are appearing. 
It can only mean one thing,
time to catch up on our reading, movies, and Wii skills!

Who knows when we will have soccer again! 
The schools here have already used three of their snow days because of
the earthquake,
Hurricane Irene,
and Tropical Storm Lee
 causing damage to buildings and roads. 
So, does this make my kiddos ahead of their peers since we have been schooling for awhile and not taken off these other days? 
Maybe we will take some time off when Spring Fever hits later in the school year.
Seriously, what is really inconvenient is the library has closed too! 
Isabella is in serious withdrawal!  If she decides to not become a vet,
which I seriously doubt since she was asking Karl to help her look up vet schools over the weekend (she's only 9),
she will become a librarian! 
She just loved books.


I think I need to go re-organize my pantry! 
My label maker tape just came in the mail.

Be safe and check out the road reports before getting out all my local friends!