Saturday, September 6, 2008

Puppies to hurricanes!

The puppies are settling in just fine. Blossom has come out of her shell and is quite feisty. She is no longer afraid of the garage and now gets very excited to see the leash. However, she is still the more sensitive one. If I scold her for ripping paper or chewing on wood, she goes into her kennel and pouts for a little while chewing on BOBO. Then very quietly she comes back up to me to ask for some loving. She is very sweet and wants to please but her ideals get the best of her. She reminds me of another little girl I know.

Katie is starting to excel in the training department as food highly motivates her. She is at least a couple pounds heavier than Blossom and gets jealous if Blossom or Isabella is sitting in my lap. Katie has claimed me and wants to be in the middle of the all the attention.

Hurricane Hanna has caused Anton's opening soccer game to be cancelled.

I had to go to the store yesterday because we ran out of whole milk, Anton needs the extra calories especially during soccer, and there was 4 gallons of whole milk left in the case. Hanna as of this morning was downgraded to tropical storm and the eye is suppose to be about 60 miles east of DC this afternoon. My neighbors said they will check in on us on Sunday to see how we fared our first time, but to really only expect a power loss for a few hours. Apparently the last major power outage was when Isabel came through, about 6 years ago, and the power line was down across their street. Donna had to go through he back field to leave her house for about 5 days. And we wondered if I would still need 4-wheel drive! Well the crops are sure loving the soaking! These puppies are much different than Kela when it comes to water; they love it. I have towels by the back door!