Friday, September 5, 2008

They're Here! The puppies are here!




After a grueling 40 minute ride home and two car sick puppies, we made it! It was a good thing I decided at the last minute to put in some old towels into the kennel instead of their doggie bed.
First observations -
Katie is more aggressive with her food. She gobbles it down quickly and goes looking for more! We have to feed them separately now! Katie is very social and ready to go exploring all the time. Katie already responds to her name and commands to come; we are working on sit. Katie seems to favor me more and cries when I leave the room. She will also fall asleep right next to me if I sit in the pen area.
Blossom is more aggressive with the chew toys. She seems to want whatever Katie has at the time. (Does this sound familiar?!) Blossom is scared of the garage and I have to force her to go through it. She does not like her leash and would like to go when ever and where ever she wants. Blossom has not responded yet to commands. Blossom is more cautious and seems to be suffering from separation from her momma more than Katie. The breeder said Blossom seemed the most interested in the television than the other puppies and would turn to it if it was on.
When I told Karl of my observations he said it sounds right. Anton had picked Katie and Isabella had picked Blossom. Karl say he can picture Isabella sitting down to a movie with Blossom and Anton going exploring with Katie.