Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Animal Kingdom

With no one waiting, we got an updated shot of a beloved friend!
Then it was off to the long awaited Everest!  Isabella had been looking forward to this since last time we were here, she was too short to ride.

If you look closely at the second and third from the back of the train you will see Karl, and two heads that resemble our kiddos as they go down the final drop.  Since my bad time of motion sickness from the day before, I sat this one out.

Anton wanted to practice his photography skills with Everest in the background.
For some reason our kiddos were obsessed with getting photos of the white ibis we saw all over Disney.  I think I have at least 20 pictures of this bird.

Having rode once and not liking the idea of walking around in wet jeans, Karl decided to sit out a turn on the rapids.  The kiddos really wanted to go again, so I did.  My capri pants dried quickly and I kept my feet up, because I hate wet feet.  I also said no more after 2 in the afternoon as the temp would surely be dropping and I wanted our clothes to dry.

Here the two are contemplating how to best spend the remaining hours in Animal Kingdom before we return to the hotel to prep for the Very Merry Christmas Party.

We ate a quick meal at the Flame Tree BBQ.  I remembered the aroma from this place from last time we were here (5 years ago!).  We told the register person we had food allergies and they called for a special staff member who was assigned to prep all food allergy meals.  He was very nice and showed us all the ingredients for what we wanted to try.  Then told us to not accept any food from anyone other than him.  Isabella and Anton had ribs, Karl the chicken, and I had a pulled pork sandwich on a GF/DF bun.  We all enjoyed the fries, cooked in a dedicated fryer for only fries that were free of the five major food allergies.  Karl said mine was the best.  I got to pick which sauce I wanted with two varying temperatures with the spices.  Isabella got to have a chocolate brownie, gluten Free.  Disney had sent me info before our trip on where to find all the Dairy Free and Gluten Free food all over each of their parks.  Unfortunately for me, they changed their brownies the week we were there to the gluten free ones and not the dairy free and gluten free ones I was hoping to get.  But Disney is really bending over backwards to try to calm people with Food allergies so they will come to the parks.