Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Magic Kingdom and Downtown Disney

Early in the morning, we drove off to Our Lady Queen of the Universe Catholic church about 15 minutes from our resort.  It was the feast of the Immaculate Conception.  This was a perfect excuse to stop by Downtown Disney on the return.  Since it was just before 9 am, we got front row parking near the Fresh-A-Peel Building.  Why is that important, the wonderful Babycakes of NY has a Vegan Gluten Free Bakery in this building.  Can we say Donuts!!!  Isabella drooled over the case.  When the counter person asked what she could get her, Isabella squealed with excitement, "The biggest box you have!"  We filled it with all sorts of goodies for her and I.  OK, we shared with the boys, and they were GOOD donuts.  I just sat there in a coffee and donut bliss for about 20 minutes.  Then the kiddos drug us to the Lego store where they created Lego People before we went to Magic Kingdom.
We got a picture with the biggest goof of all with my favorite Wise Guys!  I said we got them swords in a previous post, so here they are in action at the Haunted Mansion.

Off to Buzz's Space Ranger Ride so I can kick all their bottoms in high scores!  Karl and Anton took the car in front of us so he could get a shot of us in action!  I see he is trying to distract me from whoping him again!

More beautiful lights!

More crazy antics from those three most dear to my heart!

And I love these wooden soldiers that were placed all over main street.

I forgot to mention we had a table meal at The Liberty Tavern.  The chef came out and talked over menu options he could alter.  He ended up making special mashed potatoes for Isabella and I and our own gravy which he hand delivered to our table.  We had ordered a cake from the Disney Cake line, unfortunately it was horrible.  But Disney staff took it off our bill.  We had also had a quick meal at the Cosmic place in Tomorrowland, during the Very Merry Christmas Party, the manager prepared our meal, Isabella was thrilled with GF chicken Nuggets and I had a simple chicken salad.